【考研派 okaoyan.com】 为大家提供考研英语词汇练习，更多考研资讯请关注我们网站的更新！敬请收藏本站。
1. The atmosphere ________ of certain gases mixed together in definite proportions.
2. While he was in the office he________ doing something to doing nothing.
3. Metals________ when cooled and expand when heated.
4. Take your raincoat with you________ it rains.
A) by chance
B) in case
C) at large
D) on occasion
5. He was afraid he would have to________ her invitation to the party.
6.At the com#mittee last Saturday the following proposal was agreed________ by those present.
7. We went to see the exhibition________ the storm.
A) but for
B) in spite of
C) for the sake of
D) instead of
8.To my surprise, at yesterday’s meeting he again brought________ the plan that had been disapproved a week before.
9. The doctor took X-rays to________ the chance of broken bones.
A) make sure
B) rule out
C) break down
D) knock out
10. He felt it rather difficult to take a stand________ the opinion of the majority.
11.He has behaved in the most extraordinary way recently; I can’t________ his behaving like that at all.
A) look into
B) break through
C) account for
D) get over
12. How did it com#e________ that you made a lot of mistakes in your homework?
13. He could produce no evidence________ his argument.
A) in respect of
B) in view of
C) in support of
D) on account of
14.The government should________ with the irrational regulations restricting drinking hours.
A) break away
B) com#e up
C) get away
D) do away
15. I know him well enough to accept his explanation________ .
A) without question
B) by all means
C) at any cost
D) in any case
16. It was a small country house, but it was large________ urban standards.
17.The travellers sought shelter________ the rain and happened to find a road-side inn.
18. All our attempts to________ the child from drowning were in vain.
19. This is the first draft of the book. Please feel perfectly free to________ it.
A) deal with
B) com#ment on
C) cope with
D) dwell on
20. I was always taught that it was________ to interrupt.
21.Except on official________ such as formal receptions, American society has a certain amount of informality.
22.The final document was, of course, supposed to mend the damage________ upon the world by the war.
23.While walking along the icy river banks, we could see cracks in the ice________ in all directions.
24.Tibet, the second largest province of China, is________ in uranium (铀) and underground thermal power(地热).
25.The young couple were quite excited by the________ of having their first child.
26.So many children have bought the balloons that the store is now out of________ .
27.She was always in perfect sympathy with me________ my love of nature.
A) with regard to
B) in contrast to
C) in case of
D) in the event of
28.There are nations whose lack of contact with the outside world has________ poverty.
A) fallen into
B) consisted in
C) resulted in
D) amounted to
29.This is the________ to an improvement of their living conditions.
30.It was bold idea to build a power station in the deep valley, but it________ as well as we had expected.
A) went off
B) worked off
C) broke off
D) came off
31.Christmas is a Christian holy day usually celebrated on December 25th________ the birth of Jesus Christ.
A) in favour of
B) in honour of
C) in terms of
D) in accordance with
32.The________ action of the policemen saved the people in the house from being burnt.
33.The pollution question as well as several other issues is going to be discussed when the Congress is in________ again next spring.
34.Your________ is the round of things that you usually do each day.
35.I________ with thanks the help of my colleagues in the preparation of this new column.
36.David is the________ holder of the world 5000-meter race world record, but there is no guarantee that he will win in the Olympic Games.
37.Your com#plaint is being________ ; when we have anything to report we’ll write to you again.
A) looked through
B) looked over
C) looked after
D) looked into
38.To our delight, she quickly________ herself to the new situation.
39.The manger gave one of the salesgirls an accusing look for her________ attitude toward customers.
40.With the joint effort of everyone, the plan is________ to succeed; I’m sure of that.